DigiCon15 – Disruptive Thinking in Education

Disruptive Thinking in Education, DigiCon15 - Anthony Speranza

This week I will be presenting at the annual DLTV state conference, DigiCon15. The session, Disruptive Thinking in Education, draws on thoughts and inspiration of my 2014 Google Teacher Academy experiences, where a personal moonshot was developed:

How might we amplify disruptive thinking in education to bring about positive change in our community?

In some ways, this presentation aims to amplify disruptive thinking with colleagues who will attend the session. In a broader sense, the amplification of disruptive ideas in education for wider communities beyond DigiCon15 is something that I am still grappling with, coming to terms with, and immersing myself with. One of my goals this year is to start that course of amplification in other communities, however, DigiCon15 will be a great place to share my thinking and progress thus far.

Disruptive Thinking in Education, DigiCon15 - Anthony Speranza (1)

***

Abstract: Schools can be incredibly hard places to change, and at times, difficult spaces for re-imagination to take place. Too often we are bogged down by the day-to-day structures and internal / external forces and influences that dictate the learning for our students. Fixed-mindsets and the proud traditions or methods of “doing things we have always done” can be a toxic combination. Whilst there are pockets of innovation happening around the globe, we can’t really say that education has hit its mass tipping point as yet.

This session will unpack the importance and impact of disruptive thinking in education, as well as the methods that educators might seek in changing their classrooms and schools for the better. Examples will be provided of ideas and technologies that are disrupting our lives and shaping the future of education.

Slide deck

Collective ideas doc

Disruptive Thinking and Ideas form

5 thoughts on “DigiCon15 – Disruptive Thinking in Education

1. Dial Printer Support is an online service provider which provides the best customer service. It resolves printer and desktop issues. Once you give a call at +1-888-621-0339 the expertise they will get in touch with you to figure the exact problem. Further the team will guide you on the ways to resolve the issue over the phone.
    Dial Printer Support

2. Woah! I’m enjoying the template/theme of this website. It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s very hard to get that “ perfect balance” between superb usability and visual appeal. I must say you’ve done a very good job with this.
    Buy Generic Medicine is an online store that offers medicines for customers at an affordable price. For any kind of inconvenience, feel free to talk with us through the mail. The customer support team of Buy Generic Medicin is always ready to help you through any kind of problem. So, buy medicines from Buy Generic Medicin and get a healthy life

3. Woah! I’m enjoying the template/theme of this website. It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s very hard to get that “ perfect balance” between superb usability and visual appeal. I must say you’ve done a very good job with this.
    Buy Generic Medicine is an online store that offers medicines for customers at an affordable price.

Armodafinil

4. Do not connect your printer to the computer before installing the driver. If you have already connected your printer to the computer, remove it.